What I was proud of: finding the nanny in 3 days.
Must say that it was a feat, but I did it ... Yes! Ben she did pschiiiitttt after 3 days also arguing that my 6 year old son was unhappy with her and it broke her heart. You speak ! She did not know how to play beyblades yeah! And it's not like she was going to spend 100% of her time with the last 15 months while the 2 seniors will be at school. Truce of joke, in any psychologist she was, she even made him tell me that it was because of him if she was taking leave of us. She did not have to read the wonderful parent magazine articles about "how not to make your kids feel guilty"
In short, here I am again in dry nanny ..
So, that inspired me so here is a little recap 'tips & tricks to find the nanny, that I will hasten to review to be able to return to the office quickly ...
1. Define your need for a nanny
Because yes, depending on the age of your children and their number, you will not be able to demand the same things from a nanny at home.
For example, with an infant child in shared custody, you will look for the adaptable and cuddly nanny who will go out of their way, stall their sleep pattern, have them lunch fresh babycook and incidentally sing a few songs and take out toys of awakening ( and not just before your return).
On the other hand, with 2 children in simple care, let's admit one school and one at home, if the elder does not have lunch in the canteen, the days will be more rhythmic because the morning will last only 3h, until 11h30. Your nanny will be alone with the last little girl in the morning as well as the afternoon (trusted by the nap) which will allow her to prepare the meal for everyone and those of the evening, to play and awaken your 2nd, to take care of the rooms frequented by the children as well as their linen, because yes, it is also in the job of nanny when she has time.
Ditto, with 3 children, you will certainly be looking for someone extremely organized because children do not have the same pace, or the same food or physical needs. And then, at the park, she must have a divergent strabismus to follow the 2 year old on the toboggan, the eldest 5 years 10 times around the park by bike and the last 13 months that 's hastens to go digging the shovel of his sandbox neighbor.
In short, to each family configuration his nanny.
And most importantly, think about how you are with your children and what you will be ready to accept from the nanny-child relationship. Someone of dynamic and organized can be too military, someone cuddly a little lax. In short, let your intuition speak when you meet the nannies.
2. Finding a Nanny: Let people know about your need
Do not hesitate to let people know that you are looking for a nanny.
There is always a neighbor, a friend or a shopkeeper who knows someone or who can ask someone. Use Facebook it works too! And there is no need to say, the recommendations are precious. Especially since if it is a person recommended by your environment, you will always have traders or neighbors who will take a more informed look at how the nanny cares for your children. And that's key too.
3. Nanny Announcement Sites
The Internet also offers you the opportunity to post ads for your nanny search.
Notably, the famous baby-nanny.com who for a subscription of 11 € for 3 months allows you to view the contact information of nannies and call them.
You can also post your ad for free to be called. A tip, opt for your email on your phone if you do not want to be harassed by phone calls at times, sometimes widely undue!
In the same vein, you also have: baby-announcement which for once is free but full of advertisements to go from one page to another.
The advantage of this kind of site is that you can as soon as the emails of answers of the postulants make your sort and without any doubt eliminate the "rapel me of emergency" or "hi love darling of love".
Then, the big disadvantage of these solutions, is that you take the recruitment completely in charge and so you must have time to receive your selection. What, for a first baby is not obvious between the breast or the bottles, the exchanges and the naps that one would like to make.
Especially since the time will be so precious, if you have to find a family in the case of shared custody.
4. Interview with the nanny: what should you watch out for?
- The first contact: the voice. Did his voice, his tone and his way of expressing you make you want to meet her? Then in front of you there is a cigarette smell that emerges?
- Self-help: has your nanny easily found your place of residence? Did she call you 4 times on the way?
- Punctuality: Was it on time at your appointment? See you a bit early? Did she explain that she had done a little round of block (which is pretty good because it projects and pays attention to the convenience of your neighborhood).
- Hygiene : the ritual of hand washing on arrival is crucial, however, for some nannies, it is done to make a good impression. So do not stop at this, if she does not ask after 30s if she can wash her hands ... What matters is that she asks when she should take the children. Instead, give a general impression of hygiene. This is important because it will give you an idea of the number of layers that will be changed during the day, if the stroller will be emptied regularly of crumbs of bledibiscuit that hang out etc ... To laugh a little, I even had a candidate who came with his 4 year old grandson in a stroller (without warning that he would be there) by having the earthly stroller enthroned in the living room where the 15-month-old was walking on all fours ...
- The speech: Does his speech seem fluid to you on these experiences? Do you feel sincerity in the look? Has she prepared her interview with supporting documents (letter of recommendation, work certificate or CV)? Does she slip from familiar language like "I eat for the kids" or "I change them when they piss" - yes, it's real life ... Or, she talks to you with a big chewing -gum in his mouth. Punctuates her sentences with abominable eructations ... (still lived).
- Exchanging with your children: Our children work intuitively and often they will make the choice without you realizing it. Even an infant will let you know if he feels safe in the arms of a stranger ... Trust them and take the test of "you want to take it?" and see if you are reassured when she takes him in his arms. On the other hand, older children will be able to create contact and seek to create it if they feel confident. Sometimes my 2.5-year-old girl spontaneously kisses a candidate or asks her to keep it. Conversely, she shunned other people and did not want to answer their questions.
5. A great nanny: what is it?
For testing a few, I start to be a good profileuse.
That said, the great nanny is only in relation to what you are looking for and what you expect from her. The sign is obviously the attachment of children, rather a good barometer. I remember a little girl who did not want to leave home (shared custody). To be clear, the great nanny will be the one who will contribute to the awakening of your children, who will help you in the daily tasks with them, who will be discreet, of equal mood and with whom it will be easy to talk (c is key dialogue when you have someone at home all day with his children, what to become a paranoid chouillat sometimes).
But the great nanny is also the one who takes initiatives, who will ritualize the game sessions, who will take the children out for them and not to find his girlfriends and who will send you postcards of his holidays and who will think about birthdays of your little ones. It is also the one who will not need to have a meal plan for balanced cooking. In short, the one that has made her role as a mother's vocation. It is quite rare to find and often pays more than others ... What is rare is expensive.
So for those who have not found (like me), do not panic, the great nanny will be especially the one you will trust in leaving in the morning and who will ensure the safety and development of your children - even if they eat pasta 1 day out of 2
6. Request the intervention of a specialized company
And if really, after all this you still do not find and time is running out, know that many companies specializing in nanny recruitment have emerged .
To name a few: The company of families, The children of Jeanne, Family-sphere, Yoopala . Their rates vary according to their benefits, some will be the employer of your nanny and will ensure the administrative for you (declaration pajemploi, work contract, training, etc ...) and others will offer you these services for a monthly fee but will let you be the employer of the nanny and finally, the last ones will only take care of the recruitment and its possible replacement, thus guaranteeing you a recruitment according to your requirements.
These solutions are of course comfortable when one feels helpless or overwhelmed or that one simply does not have the time and a little money (count between 350 and 1000 euros a year for these companies deducted at 50% of the taxes for little that the salary of your nanny does not exceed the taxable ceiling ;-)) .
Now, be suspicious all the same, because these companies do not assure you quality recruitment.
There is an obligation of means but no results. Most of the time, these companies run a very basic test on the fundamentals of children (emergency numbers, bath temperature, order of actions for the exchange of a child), followed by an interview and validates only those candidates with at least 3 years of declared experience. However, they are not evaluated in real or parents are called to the course of custody to know how things are going. Follow-up does not exist or little and refers only to the administrative. So be vigilant too and when the candidates are sent to you by these companies, resume your list of questions and your 6th sense!
Finally, it's the only thing that really works.
If after you prefer to handle the formalities alone, know that if you're like me, very e-mail but without a lot of archives, Home Bubble is responsible for repatriating all your documents pajemploi. Simply sign up for the Home Bubble service , then click on the Child tab and create a topic by selecting Next. Then you enter your username and password. It took me 1 minute. It is very convenient for tax certificates in particular that took me 10 minutes to find each time. And in addition Home Buble, it's free.
7. And daddy in all this?
Involve him too ...
He will probably see things you do not see. He will ask crucial questions and will be able to say the most delicate things with great tact. Ditto, it will be perfect to call previous employers and take the references that are incumbent.
The choice of the nanny is a choice for two. Do not be alone in bearing the responsibility, it will help you when cropping with your nanny will be necessary.
Nandi Belsham created this blog in order to introduce you to the best nursery products for your baby to grow up in excellent conditions.
Nandi is a mom of three who understands that it can be overwhelming to pick the right product for your needs with so many choices on the market.
She enjoys sharing her reviews with you so that you won’t have to scan through hundreds of websites. She has done all the hard work and hope you find it usefull.